... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 8 am Sunday to 2 PM MST
* what... snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches,
with 4 to 6 inches from Ten Sleep to big trails, are expected.
* Where... southwest Big Horn basin, southeast Big Horn basin and
Owl Creek and Bridger Mountains.
* When... from 8 am Sunday to 2 PM MST Monday.
* Additional details... plan on slippery Road conditions. In
addition, some reductions to visibility are likely. Winds
gusting as high as 25 mph will cause patchy blowing and
drifting snow. The cold wind chills as low as 25 below zero
could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 30
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest Road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southwest Big Horn Basin Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 2:34 PM MST Feb. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service
High Wind Warning
Issued: 2:17 PM MST Feb. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service
... High Wind Warning in effect until 5 am MST Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a High Wind
Warning, which is in effect until 5 am MST Sunday. The high wind
watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing... west winds will increase across western portions of the
County this evening, becoming very strong later tonight.
* Winds... west 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
* Impacts... travellers along Highway 120 between Meeteetse and
Thermopolis should prepare for very strong and erratic cross-
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.