... High Wind Warning in effect from 7 am Sunday to 7 am EST
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a High Wind
Warning, which is in effect from 7 am Sunday to 7 am EST Monday.
* Winds... northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 65 mph.
* Wind chills... as low as -15f Sunday night.
* Snow accumulations... 1 to 3 inches of snow.
* Timing... winds increase early Sunday morning, along with the
beginning of accumulating light snows. Peak winds occur Sunday
mid- morning into Sunday night. Wind chills expected to reach
lowest values Sunday night. Hazardous accumulating snows,
damaging winds and snow accumulations are expected to end
* Impacts... potential for downed trees and powerlines. Very
difficult travel through mountain passes. The cold wind chills
Sunday night could result in hypothermia if precautions are not
* Locations... the southern Blue Ridge from Grayson to Watauga
* Hazards... damaging wind gusts, dangerous wind chills and
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph are likely to cause power outages... fallen trees...
property damage... and dangerous driving conditions for high
profile vehicles. Move unfastened items... such as garbage cans
and deck furniture... indoors.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Grayson Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 3:39 PM EST Jan. 19, 2019 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Barton Crossroad
- Bennington Mill
- Bridle Creek
- Clito Mill
- Comers Rock
- Elk Creek
- Flat Ridge
- Low Gap
- Lower Elk Creek
- McKnights Mill
- Mouth Of Wilson
- Peach Bottom
- Stevens Creek
- Trout Dale