... Wind Advisory remains in effect from noon today to 8 PM MDT
* event... strong winds of 25 to 35 mph. Gusts of 40 to 50 mph,
strongest along east slopes of mountains.
* Timing... winds will increase in the morning and reach their
strongest speeds from early afternoon until around sunset.
* Impacts... strong cross winds will make handling of vehicles
difficult at times. Blowing dust over desert areas will create
poor visibilities, especially along I-10 corridor west of Las
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Hudspeth Highlands Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:52 AM MDT Mar. 18, 2018 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 7:20 AM MDT Mar. 18, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 7 PM
MDT this evening for low humidities and strong winds for Hudspeth
The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has
issued a red flag warning, which is in effect from 1 PM this
afternoon to 7 PM MDT this evening.
* Affected area... Hudspeth County.
* Wind... strong winds of 25 to 35 mph with gusts between 40 to 50
mph along east slopes of area mountains.
* Humidity... 10 to 15 percent
* impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.