... Fire Weather Watch now in effect from Sunday afternoon through
Sunday evening for strong winds and low relative humidity for the
far southern Texas Panhandle... South Plains... and rolling
* timing... a Fire Weather Watch is in effect Sunday afternoon
* Wind... out of the west generally at 25 to 35 mph with gusts to
* Humidity... between 5 and 15 percent.
* Fuels... are extremely dry.
* Impacts... any fires that develop can spread rapidly. Outdoor
burning is discouraged. Low visibility will be possible due to
dust and smoke.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Monitor later forecasts and possible red
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Swisher Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 6:23 AM CDT Mar. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service