The Flood Warning continues for
the Vermillion river near Davis.
* Until Tuesday afternoon.
* At 08am Saturday the stage was 14.10 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 11.00 feet.
* Recent activity... the river rose above flood stage on Thursday
* Forecast... the river is cresting now and will fall to below
flood stage by Monday September 24.
* At stages near 14.5 feet... the higher banks and levees get
overtopped, and flooding of some rural roads south of Davis begins.
Also 280th street between 459th and 460th Avenue is flooded.
Lat... Lon 4340 9710 4340 9704 4327 9696 4318 9689
4310 9694 4310 9703
1235 am CDT Sat Sep 22 2018
The National Weather Service in Sioux Falls has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
southwestern Lyon County in northwestern Iowa...
Sioux County in northwestern Iowa...
Clay County in northwestern Iowa...
O'Brien County in northwestern Iowa...
northern Clay County in southeastern South Dakota...
Lincoln County in southeastern South Dakota...
Yankton County in southeastern South Dakota...
Turner County in southeastern South Dakota...
northern Union County in southeastern South Dakota...
Hutchinson County in southeastern South Dakota...
* until 1230 am CDT Sunday.
* Some secondary roads continue to be flooded across extreme
southeast South Dakota and extreme northwest Iowa due to recent
very heavy rainfall.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Yankton, Spencer in Clay County, Sioux Center, Orange City,
Sheldon, Canton, Hawarden, Beresford, Parker, Harrisburg, Tea, Rock
Valley, Hull, Lennox, Hartley, Sanborn, Freeman, Alton, Paullina
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
Lat... Lon 4292 9495 4291 9764 4317 9764 4317 9787
4350 9787 4347 9680 4325 9585 4322 9494
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Turner Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Issued: 10:13 AM CDT Sep. 22, 2018 – National Weather Service