... Wind Advisory in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 1 am MDT
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 1 am MDT
Monday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Location... east slopes of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, I-25
corridor from Las Vegas to Raton Pass and the northeast plains.
* Winds... west winds at 25 to 35 mph with gusts 40 to 55 mph.
* Timing... winds will develop early this afternoon and continue
through late tonight.
* Visibility... local reductions due to blowing dust will be
* Local impacts... drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high-profile vehicles should exercise extreme caution. This
especially includes travel on Interstate 25 from the Las Vegas
area north to Raton Pass and other north-south oriented roads.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Union County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 4:03 AM MDT Mar. 18, 2018 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 4:20 AM MDT Mar. 18, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to 8 PM MDT
* area and timing... the northeast plains and east Central Plains
are expected to observe critical fire weather conditions this
afternoon and early this evening.
* 20 foot winds... west winds at 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 60
* Relative humidity... falling to 10 to 15 percent this afternoon.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of this red flag warning.