... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 5 am MST Tuesday...
* location... east slopes of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains,
Sandia/Manzano Mountains, Raton ridge/Johnson Mesa, far
northeast Highlands, Harding, eastern San Miguel, and Guadalupe
* Winds... southwest 35 to 45 mph with gusts 60 mph.
* Timing... winds will persist through the afternoon and then
gradually decrease after midnight.
* Visibility... locally reduced from blowing dust.
* Local impacts... drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high profile vehicles should exercise extreme caution. Sudden
cross winds are possible, including along I-25 in Guadalupe
County, and along U.S. Highway 64 between Eagle Nest and Angel
Fire, and State Road 38 between Red River and Eagle Nest.
Remember, a High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Sandia/Manzano Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 11:48 AM MST Feb. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service