... Wind Advisory remains in effect until noon EDT today...
... Freeze warning in effect from midnight tonight to 10 am EDT
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued
a freeze warning, which is in effect from midnight tonight to
10 am EDT Monday. The freeze watch is no longer in effect.
* Locations... Rutherford and Polk mountains.
* Hazards... very windy conditions and freezing temperatures.
* Timing... gusty winds through this morning. Freezing
temperatures tonight into early Monday.
* Winds... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Temperatures... lows in the mid 30s. Highs in the mid 50s.
* Impacts... freezing temperatures could kill sensitive vegetation
and damage unprotected outdoor plumbing.
A freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or
highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Rutherford Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Freeze Warning, Wind Advisory
Issued: 4:14 AM EDT Oct. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service