... Freeze warning remains in effect until 10 am EDT this
... High Wind Warning remains in effect until noon EDT today...
* temperatures... as low as 30 this morning.
* Winds... northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph this
* Timing... strongest winds will occur before daybreak with the
coldest temperatures around sunrise this morning.
* Impacts... winds may be strong enough to topple trees and
powerlines. Minor structural damage also possible. Cold
temperatures will damage vegetation.
* Locations... the North Carolina high country into Grayson
* Hazards... widespread sub-freezing temperatures along with
possible damaging winds.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph are likely to cause power outages... fallen trees...
property damage... and dangerous driving conditions for high
profile vehicles. Move unfastened items... such as garbage cans
and deck furniture... indoors.
A freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or
highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Watauga Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Freeze Warning, High Wind Warning
Issued: 4:02 AM EDT Oct. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service
- Ansley Heights
- Appalachian Ski Mountain
- Beech Mountain
- Blowing Rock
- Boone Fork
- Deep Gap
- Dougherty Heights
- Echo Park
- Forest Grove
- Grandview Heights
- Green Hill (Blowing Rock)
- Hemlock Ridge
- Hillcrest (Boone)
- Hodges Gap
- Hounds Ear
- Mayview Park
- Meat Camp
- Mill Ridge
- New River Heights
- North Fork
- Perkinsville (Boone)
- Powderhorn Mountain
- Shulls Mill
- Ski Mountain
- Soda Hill
- Sorrento Skies
- Stony Fork
- Sugar Grove
- The Forest at Blowing Rock
- Valle Crucis
- Valley Creek