... Wind Advisory in effect from 7 am Sunday to 7 am EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 7 am Sunday to 7 am EST Monday.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Wind chills... in the single digits Sunday night.
* Timing... winds increase early Sunday morning. Peak winds occur
Sunday mid-morning into Sunday night.
* Impacts... potential for downed trees and powerlines. Very
difficult travel through mountain passes. The cold wind chills
Sunday night could result in hypothermia if precautions are not
* Locations... the northern Piedmont and foothills of North
Carolina, and Southside Virginia.
* Hazards... strong winds and low wind chills.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 46 and 57 mph. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Surry Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:39 PM EST Jan. 19, 2019 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Ash Hill
- Bannertown (Mount Airy)
- Black Water
- Boones Hill
- Crooked Oak
- Elkin Valley
- Hills Grove
- Holly View Forest-Highland Park
- Indian Grove
- Level Cross
- Little Richmond
- Long Hill
- Mount Airy
- Mount Herman
- Mountain Park
- North Elkin
- Oak Grove (Mount Airy)
- Pilot Mountain
- Pine Hill
- Red Brush
- Round Peak
- Slate Mountain
- State Road
- Stony Knoll
- Sulphur Springs
- Turkey Ford
- White Plains