... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Friday afternoon through
Friday evening for low relative humidity and windy condtions for
grassland locations below 5000 feet in fire weather zones 112 and
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Fire
Weather Watch for low relative humidity and windy conditions,
which is in effect from Friday afternoon through Friday evening
for grassland locations below 5000 feet.
* Affected area... in Montana, fire weather zones 112 eastern
Glacier/Toole/central/eastern Pondera/Liberty and 114 Lewis And
Clark National Forest Rocky Mountain district-Rocky Mountain
front for grassland locations below 5000 feet.
* Winds... west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing... Friday afternoon through evening.
* Relative humidity... as low as 10 percent.
* Temperatures... in the 80s and lower 90s.
* Impacts... low humidity and gusty west winds could create critical
fire weather conditions for grassland locations, generally below
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are possible. A combination of gusty winds, low relative
humidity, and warm temperatures will create high fire growth
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this Fire Weather Watch.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central and Southern Lewis and Clark Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 3:17 AM MDT Jul. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service