... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 8 am EDT
* what... heavy snow. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 9 inches are
expected, with the higher amounts more likely south of the Mass
* Where... northern Connecticut, most of central and eastern
Massachusetts along and south of the Mass Pike, and Rhode
* When... until 8 am EDT Thursday.
* Additional details... plan on difficult travel conditions,
especially during the evening commute. Conditions will
deteriorate from south to north, starting around 4 PM near the
South Coast and closer to 8 PM near the Mass Pike. Tree
branches could fall. Be prepared for low visibility at times.
A Winter Storm Warning for snow means severe winter weather
conditions will make travel very hazardous or impossible. If you
must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food and water in your
vehicle in case of an emergency.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Plymouth Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 10:33 AM EDT Mar. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service
Issued: 10:22 AM EDT Mar. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 8 am EDT Thursday...
* location... south coastal Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
* Winds... northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing... strongest winds tonight into early Thursday morning.
* Impacts... winds this strong are capable of Downing tree limbs
and branches, possibly causing isolated power outages.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 31 to 39 mph are
expected, with gusts between 46 to 57 mph. Driving can be
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra
Nearby Radar Stations
- Alms House
- Bisbee Corner
- Briarwood Beach
- Camp Snipatuit
- Cowen Corner
- Crescent Beach (Mattapoisett Center)
- Douglas Corner
- East Marion
- East Wareham
- Five Corners (West Wareham)
- Grand Vue
- Hamilton Beach
- Harbor Beach
- Holly Woods
- Indian Heights
- Jefferson Shores
- Marion Center
- Mattapoisett Center
- North Rochester
- Oakdale (Wareham)
- Onset Station
- Parkwood Beach
- Pinehurst Beach
- Piney Point Beach
- Point Independence
- Shell Beach
- South Wareham
- Sturtevant Mill
- Swifts Beach
- Wareham Center
- Wareham Narrows
- West Wareham
- White Island Shores
- Wolf Lake