The Flood Warning continues for
the Kankakee River at Shelby.
* At 845 am Sunday the stage was 10.2 feet and was ice affected.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 10.7 feet by
Tuesday morning. Ice jams can result in rapid rises in water
levels with little or no warning.
* Impact... ice jam flooding can be very localized and not affect all
locations along the river. Residents in low lying flood prone areas
should remain alert for possible flooding due to ice jams.
Lat... Lon 4118 8722 4111 8753 4121 8756 4127 8727
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lake Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:20 AM CST Jan. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service
Dense Fog Advisory
Issued: 3:59 PM CST Jan. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Dense fog advisory now in effect until 3 am CST Monday...
* visibility... areas of dense fog will reduce visibilities to
one quarter mile or less.
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving... slow down...
use your headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.