The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Cape Girardeau
* until further notice.
* At 8:30 PM Friday the stage was 38.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 32.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 40.5 feet by
Saturday evening March 30 then begin falling.
* Impact... at 42.0 feet... several homes and structures in southern
Cape Girardeau County may be inundated or cut off due to backwater
flooding from the Diversion Channel. Evacuations may be required.
Thousands of acres are flooded. Numerous roads are closed both
along the Mississippi River and due to backwater flooding.
Lat... Lon 3769 8959 3769 8935 3744 8934 3725 8941
3723 8959 3732 8963
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Union Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:47 PM CDT Mar. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service