The Flood Warning continues for
the Altamaha river at Baxley.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:45 am Tuesday the stage was 77.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 74.5 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 78.6 feet by
Saturday morning then begin falling.
* Impact... at 78.0 feet... deens Landing and Carter Linton Landing are
completely flooded. Davis Landing Road, Morris Landing Road and
getaway Lane at carters bight Landing begin to flood.
* Impact... at 74.5 feet... flooding of agricultural and Timber lands is
expected. Deens Landing and Linton Carter Landing boat ramps,
picnic areas and parking lots begin to flood.
Fld observed 7am EST / 8am EDT forecast
location stg stg day time Wed Thu Fri Sat sun
Baxley 74 77.0 Tue 08 am 77.8 78.2 78.5 78.6 78.4
Lat... Lon 3200 8243 3193 8213 3183 8195 3176 8199 3188 8222 3194 8243
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Appling Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:38 AM EST Dec. 18, 2018 – National Weather Service