... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 8 PM this
evening to 2 am MST Thursday...
* what... periods of snow and strong winds expected.
* Where... Huerfano and most of the lower elevations of Las
Animas counties. This includes Trinidad, Walsenburg and Kim.
* When... from 8 PM this evening to 2 am MST Thursday.
* Wind... north winds 20 to 40 mph with gusts to 60 mph possible.
The strongest winds will occur generally along and east of I-
25. Strong winds combined with snow will cause near white-out
conditions at times. Travel along I-25 from south of Pueblo to
the New Mexico border and along Highway 160 will become difficult
tonight due to both the snow and strong wind.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Expect snow covered roads
and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest Road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Las Animas County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:02 PM MST Dec. 12, 2018 – National Weather Service
High Wind Warning
Issued: 12:12 PM MST Dec. 12, 2018 – National Weather Service
... High Wind Warning now in effect from 10 PM this evening to
5 PM MST Thursday...
* location... Baca and eastern Las Animas counties.
* Cause and timing... this evening through Thursday afternoon.
* Wind... 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 65 mph
* impact... travel will be difficult due to the strong winds.
Minor damage will be possible. Loose Christmas decorations
should be secured. Strong cross winds could produce hazardous
travel conditions on east to west highways.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.