... Lake Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM PDT /6 PM MST/
* timing... late this morning through Tuesday evening... with the
strongest winds expected Tuesday morning.
* Winds... north winds of 25 to 30 mph with occasional gusts to
40 mph. Strongest winds expected near Laughlin.
* Impacts... gusty winds will create rough water conditions on
Lake Mead, Lake Mohave, and Lake Havasu. Waves could swamp
small craft. Areas of low visibility due to blowing dust will
A lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes. Small boats will be especially prone to capsizing.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
San Bernardino County-Upper Colorado River Valley Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Lake Wind Advisory
Issued: 10:49 AM MDT Oct. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 10:50 AM MDT Oct. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 6 PM PDT /6 PM MST/
Tuesday for strong winds and low rh for fire weather zones 101,
229, and 466...
* affected area... in Arizona... fire weather zone 101. In
California... fire weather zone 229. In Nevada... fire weather
* Timing... conditions for critical fire behavior will occur
late this morning and continue through early Tuesday evening.
* Wind... north 20 to 25 mph, gusts to 35 mph Monday. North 25
to 30 mph, gusts to 40 mph Tuesday. The winds will diminish a
little Monday night.
* Humidity... minimum humidity values 5 to 10 percent each day.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.