... Wind Advisory in effect from noon today to 7 PM MST this
The National Weather Service in Flagstaff has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from noon today to 7 PM MST this
* Timing... winds will strengthen through the morning becoming strong
and gusty by noon MST.
* Winds... southwest at 20 to 30 mph gusting to 45 mph.
* Impacts... winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially
for high profile vehicles. Interstate-40 west of Flagstaff and Highway 64
north of Williams will be most impacted. Consider securing loose belongings
on your property.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 30 to 39 mph... or
gusts from 40 to 57 mph... are expected. Additional weather
information is on the web at www.Weather.Gov/Flagstaff.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Grand Canyon Country Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 4:04 AM MDT Apr. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 4:07 AM MDT Apr. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to 7 PM MST
* affected areas... Kaibab Plateau, Grand Canyon country,
* 20 foot wind... southwest 20 to 25 mph with gusts 30 to 40 mph.
* Relative humidity... 8 to 14 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring or are imminent. A combination of strong
winds and low relative humidities can contribute to extreme fire
Please notify field crews of this red flag warning.