The National Weather Service in Huntsville Alabama has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
southwestern Jackson County in northeastern Alabama...
* until 515 am CST Sunday.
* At 1113 PM CST, residual flooding continued along County Road 8
north of Willow Street. The Road is expected to remain barricaded
due to flood waters through early Sunday morning.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring. All
interested parties should take necessary precautions immediately.
Lat... Lon 3465 8623 3461 8623 3461 8632 3465 8632
740 PM CST Sat Jan 19 2019
The National Weather Service in Huntsville al has issued a Flood
* from this evening until late Monday night.
* At 7 PM Saturday the stage was 12.7 feet and rising.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by late this evening and crest
near 17.5 feet by early tomorrow evening. The river will fall below
flood stage by late Monday evening.
* Impact... at 19.0 feet... water is covering Alabama State Route 65
about two miles north of U.S. Highway 72. Several County roads in
Paint Rock Valley are flooded... including Jackson County Road 20.
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 16.9 feet
on Apr 25 2018.
River flood observed 12am 6am 12pm 6pm crest
location stage stg day time sun sun sun sun stg day time
Paint Rock river
Woodville 15.0 12.7 Sat 7 PM 15.4 16.7 17.3 17.5 17.5 sun 6 PM
Lat... Lon 3491 8628 3489 8606 3442 8637 3450 8653
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Jackson Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Areal Flood Warning
Issued: 11:13 PM CST Jan. 19, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 2:12 PM CST Jan. 19, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory now in effect until 7 am CST Sunday...
* winds... winds are expected to become northwest around 20 to 25
mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing... until 7 am CST Sunday.
* Impacts... gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects. Tree
limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
* Locations... portions of north Central, Northeast and northwest
Alabama along with southern middle Tennessee.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least 25
mph, or gusts of at least 35 mph, are expected across the affected
area. Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially
for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution. In addition, ensure
all loose outdoor objects remain secure, including patio furniture
and trash cans.